Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
Job Reference #: 2807
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
The Alzheimer’s Association’s mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer’s Association has been recognized as a top large nonprofit to work for by The NonProfit Times, the leading information provider for the nonprofit sector from 2010 to 2017.
Guided by the strategic plans of the Chapter, the Accounting Manager provides leadership, management and vision across the Chapter necessary to ensure that the proper financial and operations controls, administrative & reporting procedures, and information systems are in place to effectively grow the organization and ensure financial strength.
Possessing technical and interpersonal skills, the Accounting Manager manages the daily financial and operations activities of the Chapter office and works closely with the Executive Director and Regional Finance Director, ensuring excellent resource management and operational efficiencies throughout all regions of the chapter. The Accounting Manager is also assigned specific administrative responsibilities and management of certain strategic initiatives to assist the Executive Director and Regional Finance Director (RFD) to serve the changing needs of the Chapter.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Chapter Executive Director and Regional Finance Director to accomplish the goals and objectives of the strategic plan
- Advise the Chapter Executive Director on financial and operations issues as necessary
- Manage the financial resources and finance staff of the Chapter, including the functions of accounting, finance and chapter-wide budgets, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and oversees compliance at the chapter level of accounting and contract policies and procedures, including:
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems and budgeting processes to accommodate the strategic organizational objectives
- Implement National Office financial systems that support chapter operations and ensures that internal control systems are in place
- Provide timely reporting and metrics to support Chapter and division/department management as needed
- Ensure compliance with state and federal reporting requirements and Association standards
- Work closely with the National office Accounting and Donor Services departments in monitoring Chapter budget, determining shared revenue, coordinating annul audit process and bequests, preparing journal entries and all necessary aspects of finance and operations procedures.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of accounting, day-to-day operations and capital expenditures of the Chapter, including:
- Prepare and process Accounts Payable request forms, track payment requests
- Prepare and process Accounts Receivable invoices upon request, track payments
- Manage and monitor expenses and reporting requirements
- Coordinate daily cash handling batches and enter deposits into accounting system
- Prepare monthly database reconciliations
- Assist with monthly close process in collaboration with National office
- Research and resolve various inquiries from staff
- Supervise and develop Operations staff and Database staff
- Develop a sense of shared mission with the Chapter management team
- Manage financial reporting associated with grants received by the chapter, ensuring appropriate spending of grant funds within time frame of grants.
- Provide written reports as needed for Grant Manager to submit to funder according to funder’s schedule.
- Work with Grant Manager to determine costs for chapter activities for use in grant request
- Monitor grant expenditures and assist with Release from Restriction on a quarterly basis
- Maintain official file of grant contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or work experience in related field
- Five plus years of management experience
- Strong overall operations management experience encompassing finance, budgeting and strategic planning
- Effective financial skills and ability to analyze historical data, day-to-day operational expenses, capital expenditures and forecast/plan/budget accordingly
- Experience in strategic planning and budget development and management
- Experience acting as both the "go-to" person and a trainer who can teach others how to budget, set priorities and build a team-driven culture
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google applications and accounting software packages
- Google Suite: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangout
- Sage Financial Software, MAS 500 and BI360 Financial Reporting Software a plus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!