AMERICAN SPECIALTY HEALTH, INC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reports Specialist I
at AMERICAN SPECIALTY HEALTH, INC.
Reports Specialist I
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Reports Specialist I to join our Information Technology department. This position will efficiently prepare reports and files for health plan clients, internal clients, and state regulators. The Reports Specialist I will also adhere to high standards of data integrity and reporting timelines.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Queries and/or prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports based on internal and external client specifications as well as regulatory requirements.
- Queries and generates ad-hoc reports according to internal and external customer specifications.
- Performs ongoing maintenance to existing queries and reports.
- Analyzes and translates non-technical user requirements into written report specifications and existing data sources.
- Responsible for timely delivery of assigned reports to internal and external customers.
- Identifies data and reporting issues, researches trends, and presents findings to team and/or Management.
- Analyzes and prepares files for uploading to system tables.
- Maintains working knowledge in areas of assigned responsibility, including but not limited to ASH operational processes, data structure and content of ASH proprietary systems, and query techniques.
- Collaboratively work with assigned staff and ensures that accuracy and productivity meet/exceed company standards.
- Provides timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Performs testing, documents results, and presents findings to team and/or Management.
- Analyzes efficiency of current processes and makes recommendations to team and/or Management.
- Create and maintain end-user documentation.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience generating and preparing reports.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using T-SQL to query and extract data from relational databases in a work environment.
- Proficient in Outlook, Access, Excel, and Word.
- Experience in managed health care preferred.
- Experience with ASH processes and systems a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication required.