Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Engineer - Norriseal Wellmark, Houston, TX
Applies diversified knowledge of manufacturing engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks.
• Using specialized manufacturing engineering knowledge and experience, plans and designs manufacturing processes in industrial plant.
• Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
• Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
• Researches and applies the latest practices and technologies applicable to the manufacturing environment.
• Has responsibility for the manufacturing engineering components of a large project or a complex component of a single project.
• Exhibits influence within a work group; works well with other engineering and technical team members.
• Interfaces with mechanical engineering, supply chain and other functions to design and deliver solutions.
• Troubleshoots problems and recommends appropriate actions.
• Knows and enforces compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
• Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
• Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Knowledge of manufacturing best practices; including LEAN manufacturing methodology
- Excellent research skills
- Familiar using an ERP system (Oracle preferred, but other ERPs acceptable)
- Ability to use pneumatic hand tools
- Familiar with manufacturing equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with quality standards, specifically ISO 9001
- Bachelor's degree required in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in manufacturing environment with CNC machines, testing equipment, and assembly line required.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred.
- Experience in continuous improvement methodologies.
- Experience working with production, engineering and quality personnel, preferred.