Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Sales Manager - Norriseal Wellmark, Houston, TX
Responsible for the management, planning and administration of sales associated with the designated Houston / Gulf Coast region. This is primarily focused on sales for Norriseal and Wellmark control valve product lines.
- Set-up customer appointments to conduct sales presentations to promote, sell, and apply our complete product line in a regional sales area.
- Manage assigned accounts as well as developing new accounts, projects or other sales opportunities necessary to meet the revenue goals of an assigned geo-region and associated territories.
- Create/maintain customers relationships for new or repetitive business.
- Supervise, manage, and provide performance feedback to Sales Representatives and Manufacture Representatives/Distributors for the area of responsibility.
- Report to customer job site to assist/provide the proper installation, repair, or startup of products.
- Communicate with the Sales Team and the Production Team regularly to guarantee that sales and client objectives are met.
- Develop annual marketing strategy in conjunction with the Sales Manager and the inside sales team and identify joint marketing opportunities where applicable.
- Perform market assessments, competitor analyses, pricing strategies. Draw conclusions from market assessment data on the competitive environment and the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and targets, and provide ideas and suggestions to the Sales Manager.
- Develop a strategic sales plan that identifies prospects and customers, prioritizes them according to importance and ability to provide results.
- Provide product training at the field and corporate levels for all customer types
- Evaluate and implement appropriate sales techniques to increase regional sales volume
- Submit sales activity report as required.
- Attend various product conventions and sales seminars.
- Managing a geo-region, to deliver sales revenues, customer support and channel management objectives as defined by the Sales Manager.
- Provide customers with technical support and expertise in reviewing specifications and applying the products.
- Manage sales, profit margins and operational expenses for designated sales territory.
- Developing & executing meaningful growth strategies that will deliver incremental & repeatable sales revenues.
- Developing and updating reliable sales forecasts.
- Identifying, qualifying and converting project and new customer sales opportunities that will contribute to the territory revenues.
- Technical expertise in oil and gas control valves.
- Specific knowledge of Norriseal and Wellmark products is preferred.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Results Oriented - Good follow up skills to ensure strategy implementation.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Provide leadership through example and adequate direction.
- Ability to produce complex sales reports.
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels.
- Ability to build relationship with company and customer contacts.
- Willingness to travel up to 50-75% in the specified sales territory
- Bachelor's degree in business, mechanical engineering or related field.
- 5 years of experience in outside sales of oil and gas valves.
- 3 years of experience supporting sales teams.
- 3 years of contract negotiations experience.