Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Water Engineer
Project Water Engineer
Arcadis is seeking experienced Project Water Engineers to join our Industrial Infrastructure and Water/Wastewater team in multiple offices across the United States.
This is an exciting growth opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our growing team with support from one of the best-qualified consulting firms in the country. The Project Engineer will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge to deliver engineering and design work for industrial clients across multiple sectors, including chemicals, life science, food and beverage, manufacturing, pulp and paper, oil and gas, mining, and rail. The successful candidate will assist with executing projects and developing project pursuits within the local and regional Industrial Infrastructure and Water market, to help build and grow our expanding practice.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for completion of design calculations, technical reports, permitting, detailed design and engineering plans and specifications, as well as construction administration for a variety of projects as part of a team.
- Researching feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Working effectively and collaboratively in team situations and establishing strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists.
- Development of plans, specifications, requests for proposals, and other contract documents.
- Working directly with a variety of engineering disciplines, office/project staff, client and sub-contractors, throughout the project life cycle.
- May be assigned to projects as a Design/Technical Lead or possibly Task/Project Manager.
- May be asked to handle project delivery responsibilities, such as; project planning, budgeting, schedule monitoring, and managing project controls.
- Conduct site visits and condition assessments.
- Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards.
- Facilitating project coordination for timely completion and submission of project deliverables.
- Periods of travel, sometimes on an extended basis, may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with industrial wastewater, facility infrastructure design and other industrial planning, design, permitting, and construction engineering activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; skills to include - public speaking, ability to communicate effectively as part of a team, preparation/development of technical documents, and prior client involvement.
- Ability to travel within North America to support projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Sharepoint work flow software a plus.
- Experience with BioWIN, GPS-X, SAP, Aspen, MathCAD, and/or Qualtraxx, a plus.
- Ability to pass background checks and drug screening.
Candidates with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
- Experience delivering capital projects for multiple types of industrial clients including chemical, life science, aerospace, automotive, oil and gas, food and beverage, and/or pulp and paper.
- Project delivery experience with budgeting, schedule monitoring, client management, and project controls.
- Client management skills including; preparation and development of proposals and client relationship building.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years design and engineering experience with industrial infrastructure and water projects
Anywhere in U.S., FL, Tampa, GA, Atlanta, IN, Indianapolis, MI, Novi, MN, Minneapolis, NY, Clifton Park, NY, Syracuse, TX, Houston, VA, Richmond
Engineering - Water/Wastewater
Project Water Engineer
- Master of Science degree in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of design and engineering consulting experience including industrial infrastructure and water/wastewater projects
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!