Avon Community School Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clerical-Grant Specialist (Up to 40 Hrs)
at Avon Community School Corporation
Openings as of 8/9/2020
- Clerical-Grant Specialist (Up to 40 Hrs) JobID: 3554
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled Primary Job Functions: Accurately maintains all financial records for federal, state and local grants.
1. Educational Requirements: A high school education (or equivalent) required. Coursework in business administration preferred. All relevant advanced training considered.
2. Possess Skills and Knowledge: General accounting practices (GAP), bookkeeping, office machines, computer operation, clerical duties, accuracy, and human relations.
Must be proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and database use.
3. Experience: At least two years relevant experience preferred. Experience in a school setting preferred.
4. Certification: Certification is not required, but encouraged; including a desire to seek additional training, professional development to enhance understanding of school
accounting procedures and changing technological advancements.
5. Other: Maintain a good relationship with students, staff, patrons, vendors, and the community. Be an example of exemplary adult behavior for students.
1. Manage and track all accounting functions for federal, state and local grants.
2. Process and file all fiscal reports as required by grants.
3. Monitor revenue, expenses and cash flow for each grant fund.
4. Advise and assist grant administrator(s) with grant amendments.
5. Assist with grant applications when requested.
6. Maintain local, state and federal financial compliance requirements for all grants.
7. Maintain open communication with all parties involved in grant process: grant administrator(s), and finance and payroll departments.
8. Assist the inventory clerk with tracking of fixed assets purchased with federal, state or local grants.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor/Corporation Treasurer and/or Assistant Superintendent of Business and Operations.
Avon Community School Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of their operations. The Avon Community School Corporation also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator: Ms. Kristin Ewing, Director of Human Resources, 7203 E. US Highway 36, Avon, IN 46123 / (317) 544 -6000
SALARY BENEFITS: Hourly pay starting at $18.46 and commensurate with school experience.
ASSIGNED WORK DAYS PER YEAR: Year Round