Avon Community School Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher, School Psychologist Gr K-4 (PART-TIME 2-Days Per Week)
at Avon Community School Corporation
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 3171
Openings as of 6/18/2019
- Teacher, School Psychologist Gr K-4 (PART-TIME 2-Days Per Week) JobID: 3171
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled Primary Job Functions: To serve as a member with system-wide assignment on the special services evaluative team and to perform those duties and responsibilities pertaining to the specialty area of school psychologist.
Minimum Qualifications and Credentials Required:
1. Educational: Must have or be qualified to obtain the necessary certification from the Department of Education.
2. Skills and Knowledge: Knowledge and understanding of child development, measurement and evaluation techniques, and human behavior applied to the processes of education; possesses effective communication skills.
3. Experience: Internship or supervised experience in the area of school psychologist. Experience as a school psychologist is preferred.
1. Gain informed parental and/or student consent for formal individual pupil study. Make appropriate recorded pupil history data, confer with others involved (staff, parents, etc.), observe the pupils of concern in a variety of settings and evaluate pupils individually and/or in groups.
2. Conduct individual pupil study and in doing so include consideration for the areas of personal-social adjustment, intelligence, adaptive behavior, educational readiness, academic achievement, sensory and perceptual-motor functioning, and environmental/ cultural influences.
3. Cooperate fully as member of multi-disciplinary assessment evaluation teams involved in individual pupil study and facilitate their actions whenever possible.
4. Communicate (written and oral) the results of the individual pupil study and associated interpretations to involved school staff, parents, and where appropriate, to the pupil of concern. Participates as a team member in the case conference.
5. Conduct follow-ups to ascertain appropriateness of program implementation, including annual case review for students in special education class placements.
6. Provide consultative service to teachers, counselors and administrative staff in addition to parents. Also, is available to consult with outside agencies.
7. Maintain complete records on all students evaluated.
8. Other responsibilities as directed by administrators and The Director of Special Education.
9. Be an example of exemplary adult behavior for students.
10. Project a genuine care and concern for all students.
SALARY BENEFITS: Salary range $41,000 - $81,270 (This is the full-time scale)
BEGINNING DATE: July 29, 2019
POSTED UNTIL: Until Filled
AVON SCHOOL CORPORATION DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF PERCEIVED OR ACTUAL AGE, SEX, RACE, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION/CREED, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED BY LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAW.