Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Production Leadperson in our Molding Department on 2nd shift [2pm - 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe operation of the Molding Department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with the Consumer Manager and other employees in the departments to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also be responsible for coordinating the efficient change over times, assuring the correct material is being use and continuously checking for quality.
Additional Responsibilities of the Production Leadperson:
- Ensure the department is organized and ready to begin production at the start of the shift.
- Ensure the department is running smoothly and stays organized.
- Operate each piece of machinery in the departments.
- Must be able to lead and direct the departments in the Supervisor's Absence.
- Will learn to diagnose foam issues and troubleshoot production equipment problems including requesting maintenance assistance as necessary.
- Will count scrap and maintain appropriate records.
- Will fill tanks as necessary to ensure adequate supply of chemicals.
- Ensure production is producing quality products.
- Will compile all shift paperwork at the end of the shift including all calculations and check for accuracy.
- Will perform start up responsibilities at the beginning of each shift.
- Organize storage area and maintain Value or Order.
- Will fill in for any position on the line as needed during absences.
Skill / Requirements
- High school education or GED.
- Prior Group Lead or Supervisor experience preferred.
- Some computer experience needed.
- Basic reading and writing skills and be able to use simple math.
- Read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently operate a forklift.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Normal 2nd Shift Hours: 2pm - 10pm