Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fund Accounting Intermediate Analyst
Reporting to the Fund Accounting Manager, the fund accounting analyst is responsible for a range of fund accounting and valuations activity, ensuring compliance with operating procedures, policies and guidelines, in the timely completion of accurate Net Asset Valuations.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in fund accounting with proven client management skills, and the ability to ensure all deliverables within the Service Level Agreements are met. They will have a strong “hands on” operational focus and is expected to optimize effectiveness and efficiency in operational delivery.
Citi, the world's leading financial institution, is unique in its global composition and strength. Thanks to our 230,000 employees located in over 160 countries serving more than 200 million clients, we can claim to be the only truly global financial institution.
Citi is among the world's largest providers of mutual fund administration services. Citi takes an active role in developing, implementing, and continuously training associates on Best Practice policies and procedures. As result, Citi's clients are well positioned to focus on building a profitable, compliant fund offering, knowing that Citi's sound infrastructure and dedicated administration service team is behind them.
Citi's Global Fund Services business has undertaken significant investment in establishing Edinburgh as a center of excellence for fund accounting. Our business is continuing to grow exponentially with numerous opportunities for the right candidates.
• Ownership, management and development of strong client relationship
• Manage SLAs / KPIs (escalating any issues internally / externally as required).
• Championing a culture of collaboration with cross functional teams to ensure successful delivery of client requirements
• Proactively identifying issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary remediation or seek support from seniors in a timely manner to ensure that resolution of issue is managed effectively.
• Monitor errors, complaints and near misses. Record as appropriate in the Incident log
• Support completion of documentation for any client-specific procedures
• Ensuring 100% adherence to SOC1,funds' offer documentation, procedures, policies and guidelines
• Continue to strengthen technical and knowledge resource to support the team/business unit e.g. on-job training, internal and external training, coaching
• Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
• Assist in projects to optimize operational efficiency and improve quality
• Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
• Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance / behavior; ensuring accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
The appointee to this role will have the opportunity to deliver a ‘best in class' business function that gives a competitive advantage over competitors. The individual will be client focused, with strong people management skills, working with the clients to ensure their fund accounting needs are understood and being met.
• Strong (fund accounting) product knowledge is required. This should include understanding of fund structures, financial instruments, regulatory environment and funds industry.
• Client relationship management
• Knowledge of Multifonds would be advantageous
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Highly computer literate - MS Office applications, SQL, MS Excel at intermediate - advanced level
• Drive and results focus
• Project management skills with the ability to multi-task
• Degree in Business / Finance / Accounting or related field
• Extensive years' experience in Fund Accounting
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong client focus with an ability to evaluate needs and develop solutions
• Numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
• Willingness to take on new challenges and actively demonstrate self-development
• Ability to support any change initiatives within Valuations.
• Team player
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.