City of Fishers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Laborer (Summer Job - DPW)
at City of Fishers
This temporary summer position performs general labor to supplement the non-seasonal workforce to ensure city streets, rights-of-way, park grounds and facilities are maintained. Position will be required to work some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
The City of Fishers' Department of Public Works (DPW) is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all municipal assets. These responsibilities include maintaining 340 center lane miles of roads and associated rights-of-way which includes snow removal, crack sealing, patching, irrigation needs, traffic signals, striping, and street cleaning. DPW also maintains 1300 acres of parks and school grounds that includes over 60 baseball/softball fields, over 60 athletic fields, and over 500 acres of common area. From concerts to 5K runs, DPW staff is on the scene to provide support.
- Examples of Duties
- Assist in curb and street repairs, asphalt and concrete work, etc.
- Trim trees and bushes along city roadways
- Pick up debris/trash along rights-of-way
- Maintain existing public open space areas, empty trash cans, etc.
- Assist in maintaining park managed facilities, athletic fields, irrigation systems and public playgrounds
- Clear brush, pull weed, rake, dig and perform miscellaneous gardening duties in and around municipal facilities and grounds
- Clean public restrooms at various city parks and buildings
- Mowing and weed trimming
- Assist on sanitary/storm sewer cleaning equipment
- Set up of tables, chairs, equipment, etc. for special events
- Clean shop and equipment as necessary
- Minimum Qualifications
- Highly prefer 18 years of age or older;
- Must be able and willing to work outside in all weather conditions;
- Position will be required to work some evening, weekend and holiday hours;
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to climb ladders and maintain balance;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a variety of people;
- Able to handle several projects at the same time;
- Reliable and trustworthy;
- Ability to work independently and within a team.