Cno Financial Group Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cno Financial Group Inc
Job TitleData Analyst
The Data Analyst provides the Regulatory Affairs access to someone who can help define the data being requested by the regulatory agency, how to access the information from our various systems and document the rules for extracting the data for the adhoc team. Understanding the type of data being requested can assist the business in building reporting marts so that the information can be accessed directly by the Regulatory Affairs team. This will reduce the amount of time to complete the data requests for the regulatory agency and increase the consistency of the data being sent out. The Data Analyst will identify opportunities to further improve the availability of the data.
- Reviewing requests for data with Regulatory Affairs and creating detailed requirements for the adhoc team to extract the data from various systems
- Documenting the scope of the data requests
- Contribute to and comply with the policies and procedures defined by the Enterprise Data Governance Council
- Convert Business Requirements from Stakeholder, Business and IT into technical documents to be used by the adhoc team
- Perform Data Validation to confirm data provided by the adhoc team are complete and align with the business requirements.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking skills by breaking down complex problems or processes, identifying causes and effects patterns, and analyzing problems to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Simplify complex problems into smaller, logical and manageable activities.
- 3+ years experience in data related work (modeling, integration, reporting and analytics)
- High-degree of competency in SQL and relational databases
- Self-motivated with a desire to research and learn new skills in the data management space
- Above average level of experience in Excel
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Observable client-facing skills
- Insurance industry experience preferred
At CNO, success is earned.
We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. And, we'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences. The pace is fast, you'll work hard, and you'll see results.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you.