Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant-Clinic in Munster, IN at Community Healthcare System
at Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M61P6Z16V9JG3XNV4
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Support Services
Job DescriptionJob ID: 29083
Category: Physician Offices
Facility: Community Care Network, Inc. (Physician Practice)
Location: Munster, IN
Position: Medical Assistant - Clinic
Location: Crown Point/Hobart
Under the direction of the Provider, performs patient care services, assists the Provider and other medical staff with patient visits and procedures in a medical office or clinic setting. In addition, may be required to perform front desk duties, which may include telephone work, patient scheduling and ordering of supplies. If applicable, phlebotomy responsibilities including the collection and processing of specimens such as blood, urine, pap smears, cultures, etc.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required \t
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program required OR active current certification as a Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant required \t
- Six months previous experience as a Medical Assistant preferred \t
- Must maintain current CPR certification and TB certification \t
- Basic understanding of medical documentation and terms; ability to spell accurately; able to accurately record information \t
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow \t
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively \t
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation \t
- Completes annual skill validation as well as safety and infection control procedures \t
- Excellent attitude, interpersonal skills, and communication abilities necessary to interact with patients, family members, physicians, and other hospital associates