Senior Windows Engineer
This position is responsible for supporting the Microsoft Windows Server, VMware ESXi and Microsoft Exchange platforms, including relevant software and utilities. Conducts ongoing planning of computing resource requirements, continuously monitors performance. The department is responsible for delivery and support of overall Windows Server infrastructure environment which includes capacity planning, infrastructure buildout, availability monitoring, performance, and security management. Further, manages and coordinates projects to build and/or implement comprehensive integrated system solutions for IT customers, while maintaining a high level of service on production systems and anticipating future requirements, trends, and changes to assure current and future satisfaction of customer service within budget constraints.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technology expertise for Windows Server, VMware ESXi and Exchange infrastructure environment which is inclusive of capacity planning, infrastructure buildout, availability monitoring, performance, and security management.
- Acquires and maintains working knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Interfaces with other teams, vendors, and business as part of the service and support process
- Performs systems installation, administration, operations, maintenance, support, testing, upgrades, performance monitoring, business continuance, and documentation in accordance with company, vendor, and departmental standards, processes, templates, and tools
- Anticipates and identifies potential problems before they occur and implements solutions to minimize impact on projects and users.
- Ensures adherence to formal processes, standards and total quality practices in all activities
- Drives technology innovation and process improvement efforts
- Perform On-call support
- Completes other assignments as requested by management
- Microsoft Windows platforms.
- O365 Cloud technologies (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online)
- VMware certification a plus.
- 5+ years’ Broad in depth knowledge for enterprise-wide implementation and supporting of enterprise Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange products
- Hospitality industry IT is a plus.