Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health and Safety Intern (20689)
at Dana Corporation
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Title: Health & Safety Intern
Reports to: Safety Manager
Location: Yorktown, IN
The Health and Safety Intern will work as a team member in the Health and Safety Department and assist with managing an overall risk-based program. This internship will provide valuable support to a warehouse and assembly setting in Yorktown, IN. The intern will be exposed to a wide variety of safety related tasks allowing them to apply knowledge towards assigned projects and gain real life professional experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform updates and reviews of existing JSRA’s for newly created jobs.
- Document and track all safety violations, unsafe conditions, etc.
- Perform routine facility and workspace audits to ensure compliance.
- Perform site evaluation and identify gaps as it relates to GHS requirements.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Review and update facility emergency action plans.
- Assist with Machine Risk Assessments and Red Card approvals for new machinery.
- Assist with Environmental audits and updating of regulatory filings.
- Assist with maintaining training records, required inspection and data collection for input to health and safety reporting.
- Review and assess customer requested insurance requirements for field service personnel.
- Provide additional Health and Safety related assistance to all disciplines when requested.
- Willing to travel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow the individual to express technical and legal information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be organized self-starter with proven time management ability and good work ethic.
- Good team skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel & Office products).
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
Education and Experience:
- Must be attending an accredited university with a minimum of 2 years toward a major in Occupational Safety and Health or similar degree.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.