Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER
at Dollar Tree
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with all store functions and day-to-day store activities as directed by the Store Manager
- Able to perform all opening and closing procedures in the absence of the Store Manager
- Assist the Store Manager in protecting and securing all company assets, including store cash
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including safety guidelines
- Maintain a professional and friendly environment with customers, subordinates and supervisors
- Maintain all areas of the store, including the stockroom and sales floor, to company standards to include recovery
- When the Store Manager is not on the premises, direct supervisory responsibility for all hourly Associates
- Process all SSC Corporate directives including Pull and Hold/Destroy, Task Compliance, Key Survey information
- requests and any additional communications related to store activities as delegated by the Store Manager
- Assist the Store Manager on the receipt and return of DSD merchandise.
- Follow the VIP and DSD Policies and Procedures
- Assist the Store Manager in ensuring proper staffing coverage on a daily basis
- Assist the Store Manager in ensuring that the sales floor is sales effective on a daily basis
- Assist in the management of cashiering activities to ensure all company cash handling practices & guidelines are followed at all times by all Associates
- Promotional effectiveness of store-front fixtures and displays
- Assist in the management of sales effectiveness of seasonal areas in the store
- Coordinate appropriate signage utilized in the store
- Assist with the receipt and return of DSD merchandise
- Process damaged merchandise on a daily basis
- Assist Store Manager with creation of weekly schedules
- Assist in the management of store supplies and expense control
- Assist with merchandising and maintaining the checkout area to maximize impulse sales
- Ensure coolers and store-front program racks/displays are refilled daily (balloon program, sunglasses, batteries, etc.)
- Assist with the management of the Drive Item program
- Prefer prior retail and management experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Ability to lift, bend and transport merchandise weighing up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a high energy team environment
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, which appear in the job description for this position, and which may be amended from time to time at the discretion of Dollar Tree. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer.
WHO WE ARE
We are all about the Thrill of the Hunt at Dollar Tree and Everyday Low Prices at Family Dollar. As a Fortune 200 Company, we operate more than 15,000+ stores and 23 distribution centers across 48 contiguous U.S. states and five Canadian provinces. Our 180,000+ Associates are dedicated to the mission and values so we can provide the best possible service and products to millions of our customers.
WHAT WE DO
Everything we do starts with our people and we hire those who are committed to quality customer service. We work hard to create an environment where shopping is fun, a place where our customers can discover new treasures every week and where entire families can enjoy hunting for that special something. The more we WOW our customers with surprising value and help them stretch their dollars, we improve the lives of our customers, create greater opportunities for our Associates and positively affect the communities where we operate. From Dollar Tree's Everything's $1 to Family Dollar's Smart Coupons, Price Drops and $1 Wow collection, our stores have what families need at the prices they love.
WHERE ARE WE GOING
We take pride in reinventing ourselves continuously, opening new stores – more, better and faster, challenging our merchandisers to find the best products at the best prices and constantly improving our processes.
Join the Dollar Tree & Family Dollar Talent Network today to stay up-to-date on our available opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?