Duluth Trading Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Store Assistant Manager
at Duluth Trading Company
Purpose of Position
The Duluth Trading Company Assistant Store Manager ensures they lead their store team in delivering the Duluth Brand experience daily. The Assistant manager will lead the focus on achieving KPI’s through proper hiring, staff development, merchandise presentation, operational excellence, inventory controls and loss prevention.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You'll Do:
Sales and Goals Achievement:
- Demonstrates leadership in driving sales and profitability by achieving financial goals.
- Lead KPI initiatives through Associate training and development.
- Leads and maintains merchandise presentation according to Visual Merchandising standards and current floor-set and product messaging, in addition to maintaining all current sales promotions.
- Personally demonstrates high level of customer engagement and sets expectations for team. Understands the customer is the center of what we do.
- Develops an exceptional familiarity of the Duluth brand and comprehensive product knowledge to provide solution-oriented, friendly service to customers. Leads team in doing the same.
- Partners with Store Manager on developing optimum staffing levels and floor coverage to engage the customer.
- Ensures customer profile information is accurately recorded.
- Ensures Company standards for cleanliness for the sales floor, stockroom, restrooms, cash wrap and hospitality area.
Human Resources/Leadership Skills:
- Partners with Store Manager to recruit, hire, train, motivate and lead employees.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity and company values when addressing employees.
- Exhibits sound decision-making skills and performs with a minimum of supervision; is solution based.
- Provides clear and consistent feedback to employees on a regular basis.
- Assists Store Manager in ensuring all Human Resource protocols and documentation are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Store and employee files are maintained according to all standards.
- Assist in goal setting process for Store leadership team
- Adheres to all Company guidelines, policies and programs and sets a positive example.
- Is receptive and responsive to feedback.
- Identifies problems and opportunities to discuss with Store Manager.
- Understands inventory and expense control.
- Leads team in handling of merchandise receipts and transfers quickly and accurately.
- Leads team in the visual merchandising of sales floor.
- Understands, executes and trains all cash handling and reporting functions
- Properly processes all register functions and ensures they are correctly followed in store.
- Ensures store is secured; responds to any alarms as directed.
- Ensures safety of employees and customers. Communicate concerns to Store Manager or Human Resources.
What We're Looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business Administration and /or Merchandising preferred
- Three years retail experience with a minimum of one year management experience. Retail Management preferred.
- Specialty retail leadership experience a plus
- Customer centric.
- Able to adapt in a growing and changing environment.
- Able to motivate and lead others.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make good decisions.
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Exemplifies high standard of integrity and trust.
- Excellent communicator and listener.
- Collaborates and functions as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including nights and weekends.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day.
- Frequent reaching and bending and twisting – below waist and above shoulders.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand to finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lifting up to twenty pounds, occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds. Push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, reach and bend.
- Work in temperatures ranging from 50 - 80 degrees – especially in our stock room areas.
- Able to use common tools such as hammer, screw driver, and wrench for floor sets.
- Use of a computer up to 60 % of the time throughout the day.
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide “plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job.