Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Health Aide - Putnam County
at Elder's Journey
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, On Call
Looking for experienced HHA / CNA's and dependable unlicensed caregivers to fill full time and part time shifts. We offer flexible scheduling, you tell us when you are available to work. $11.00 per hour starting pay and $200 sign-on bonus for licensed HHA's and CNA's; $9.50 per hour for unlicensed caregivers; medical, dental and vision insurance; paid vacation for full-time employees. Join our team today!
Provides personal care services under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Therapist. The Home Health Aide is assigned to specific clients by the Registered Nurse or other appropriate professional and performs services for clients as necessary to maintain their personal comfort.
Immediate openings for evening and weekend shifts
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client's condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse or Therapist. Follows reporting guidelines in the Care Plan.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client's records. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentation per Agency requirements—at least weekly.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following Agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the Supervisor/Case Manager.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings, and team conferences, as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to Agency supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Skill / Requirements
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills test and competency evaluation.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of six (6) months work experience in a supervised setting, preferably health care facility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and follow a written Plan of Care.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving record.