First Merchants Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banking Center Customer Service Manager
at First Merchants Corporation
Banking Center Customer Service Manager
With the partnership of the banking center manager develop and implement a sales plan for the banking center to achieve the strategic and tactical goals of the company. Provide guidance to the banking center staff to ensure the delivery of a meaningful customer experience. Take a lead role in coaching and developing the team to exceed sales and referral goals and deliver high quality customer service expectations. Partner with Banking Center Manager to ensure the operational soundness of the banking center through training, inspecting and coaching to retail policies and procedures. Serve as a key member of the banking center management team to ensure delivery of the whole bank to both new and existing customers.
Direct Management Received:
Under the general management of Banking Center Manager.
Direct Management Exercised:
Lead Service Associate
Customer Service Representative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the banking center manager to develop, implement and lead sales tactics and strategies for the banking center to drive individual and team sales productivity while growing market share for deposits and loans through the following responsibilities:
- Engage the team in the sales management process including direct leadership of huddles, weekly sales and platform meetings, touch bases and coaching sessions.
- Establish weekly and monthly goals for service associates and customer service representatives to support the overall team goals.
- Meet and/or exceed all established team scorecard goals and metrics for the banking center and contribute to the growth of the banking centers deposit and loan portfolios through referral and sales processes.
- Provided balanced feedback through ongoing informal and formal documented coaching sessions monthly as a part of the Sales Management Process.
- Actively produce individual referrals to model and lead the team in the attainment of referral goals.
- Participate in and coach to teleconsulting activities including call blocks and call nights to achieve all weekly partner referral and appointment goals.
- Utilize the kiosk to provide education and help new and existing customers enroll in electronic banking products and services as needed.
- Fill in service and sales gaps as needed, i.e. open accounts and take loan applications.
- Effectively utilize and coach to the guided conversation to deepen client relationships and deliver the whole bank through cross selling and partner referrals to increase share of wallet.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and hiring of Retail Associates.
- Complete Annual Performance Evaluations for Service Associates and Customer Service Representatives
- Provide high quality customer service on a wide variety of banking matters to nurture and grow both new and established long term relationships.
- Be highly responsive to process non-monetary requests for customers i.e. approve checks for cashing, accept and process stop payment requests, order debit cards, complete address changes and process check orders.
- Be the first person to provide assistance on the teller line during peak times or when needed to help reduce wait times and fill service gaps.
- Resolve customer inquiries, problems and complaints with scope of authority while proactively using service to sales techniques to provide solutions to customers for current financial needs.
- Use feedback from Customer Service surveys to coach team members to build customer loyalty and create customer advocates.
- Provide assistance with maintaining customer records and accounts.
- Engage banking center team and business partners to assist customers with a variety of personal and business banking needs.
- Ensure banking center team and partners deliver upon Gold Standard Customer Service expectations.
- Partner with Banking Center Manager to manage all operational aspects of the banking center.
- Ensure successful results on the operational scorecard for the banking center.
- Oversee and participate in completing the Daily Security Checklist including items such as oversight of operational aspects of the banking center; control opening and closing of the banking center, conduct audits, and banking center balancing.
- Monitor and assist with the resolution of deposit and loan exceptions in a timely fashion to ensure compliance and improve the customer experience.
- Attend and/or complete applicable and required training classes. Manage and ensure completion of applicable and required training classes for all team members within the banking center.
- Ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: BSA, OFAC, CIP, CRA, EDD, etc.
- Ensure total compliance of physical and information security policy including business and consumer verification procedures.
- Set and maintain high expectations for branch appearance standards.
- Review and resolve personnel issues by partnering with the Banking Center Manager and/or Human Resources to ensure resolution within established procedures and guidelines.
- Evaluate overall performance of team members on a constant basis in an honest and impartial manner.
- Partner with Banking Center Manager to foster a robust employee experience within the banking center.
- Promote the bank through community involvement and leverage contacts to create a pipeline of new business.
- Partner effectively throughout the bank with all lines of business to grow the banking center and fulfill clients financial needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions with the company require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly attitude, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Core competencies have been identified as relevant to every position within the company and include: Ethics and Integrity, Listening, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Approachable and Savvy, Action Oriented, Managing Time & Priorities, Work/Life Balance, Composure & Patience, Drive for Results, Self Development & Knowledge, Dealing with Change, Decision Quality, and Informing.
Achieve Scorecard results and supporting behavioral metrics as stated:
- Controllable Profit Margin:
- Actively contribute to the banking center achieving 100% of the quarterly banking center CPM goal.
- Actively contribute to the banking center achieving monthly Brokerage appointment and revenue goal.
- Actively contribute to the banking center achieving the monthly mortgage referral goal assigned to the banking center.
- Actively contribute to the banking center achieving the monthly business banking lending goal assigned to the banking center.
- Actively contribute to the banking center achieving all First Direct onsite and new account goals.
- Consumer Loans – Achieve 100% of the quarterly Consumer Lending Production goal.
- Core Deposits – Achieve 100% of the quarterly Core Deposit goal.
- New Household Cross-Sell – Achieve quarterly banking center cross-sell goal.
- Net New – Achieve quarterly banking center Net New goal. Remain current on all changes related to products, services and tools to support the sales/referral process
- Deliver a differentiated customer experience by providing superb customer experience through the following behaviors:
- Greet each customer, use the customer’s name, make eye contact, smile and thank the customer for their business.
- Identify customer cues and conduct a needs based conversation with each client to uncover needs and recommend solutions.
- Take ownership of customer inquiries and ensure the appropriate follow up.
- Utilize the customer feedback portal on Passageways as a central repository for customer compliments and complaints.
- Adhere to service level agreements by returning calls and e-mails within 24 hours.
- Maintain a professional image detailed in the FMB dress code to include name tag and FMB shield.
- Completes all new household on-boarding calls as scheduled i.e. 2, 2,2,6,1.
- Routinely complete documented observation of customer interactions to ensure Gold Standard of Service expectations are being exceeded. Provide both informal and formal documented coaching of observations.
- Work closely with retail operations and marketing to ensure the banking center promotes the appropriate brand image and customer experience.
- Ensure banking center is adhering to Branch Appearance Standards by completing the Branch Appearance Standards checklist one time monthly.
- Return customer inquiries within 24 hours; take ownership of customer concerns and coach appropriately to avoid repetitive issues.
- Use the customer feedback portal on Passageways to ensure the appropriate tracking and response to formal customer compliments and complaints are addressed within 24 hours.
- Attend the monthly Retail Operations call and shares information with the entire team.
- Manage fee income by following refund guidelines and coaching team members to overcome objections.
- Partner with Retail Operations to ensure compliance internal processes and procedures.
- Achieve a passing audit score and ensure any audit findings are promptly addressed.
- Comply with information, physical security, and cyber security policies.
- Understand and ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to BSA, OFAC, CIP, EDD etc.
- Minimize branch losses by reviewing check cashing guideline regularly with the team and staying apprised of the trends in fraudulent activity.
- Know and utilize resources when making decisions to minimize loss.
- Conduct a quarterly security meeting with the banking center employees.
- Actively participate in all banking center operational tasks to ensure soundness as measured by the Operational Scorecard.
- Review banking center contribution report and partner with Banking Center Manager to address any concerns.
- Effectively copes with change by shifting gears; makes decisions based on knowledge at-hand; has the ability to move-on if circumstances dictate; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
- Complete all assigned compliance training via MyLO.
Sales Process / Sales Management
- Ensure all service associates are achieving 100% of their assigned referral POINTS goals and that results are documented and reviewed quarterly in a documented coaching session.
- Leads or participates in daily huddles, weekly pipeline meetings, and weekly sales meetings in every banking center, to include the effective use of skill builders.
- Conducts weekly touch bases with each Service Associate and actively coaches them to fully utilize Connections and the HUB.
- Leads by example in the utilization of Connections and the HUB to increase performance and maintain accurate customer records. All recommendations and partner referrals are tracked appropriately through Connections and client conversations are accurately captured in the Guided Conversation/ Log-A-Call.
- Embraces the client conversation model and utilizes retail tools i.e. HUB, Connections, ODP Selling Aid, checking placemat, etc. to reach the banking center cross-sell on new households and convert service opportunities to sales opportunities with existing clients.
- Follow the recommended monthly guidelines for coaching detailed in the Retail Coaching Playbook.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring process for Service Associates.
- Effectively on-board new Service Associates and partner them with the appropriate mentor.
- Evaluate new employee performance at the 45 and 90 day scheduled intervals.
- Conduct a goal setting meeting within the first 90 days and ensure Service Associates are enrolled in the appropriate training courses.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels by working with BCM to leverage the hire ahead process.
- Maintain the appropriate staffing and minimize over time.
- Actively manage the annual performance review process for Service Associates.
FT Mon - Thurs 9a-5p, Fri 9a-6p, Sat 9a-12p
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - Over one (1) year of sales, management, banking, or related experience.
Other - Willingness to obtain Notary Public designation.
Demonstrated ability to sell and cross-sell bank products and services.
Consumer lending experience.
Supervisory or lead experience in the banking industry.
Demonstrated ability to manage retail sales team to achieve threshold activity levels and performance goals.