Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Engineer
at IDS International
Senior Network Engineer
IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today’s greatest challenges, we bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients. Outstanding past performance built IDS’s reputation as the leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.
IDS International is seeking a Senior Network Engineer for the Cybertropolis Technology Environment Platform (CTEP) contract. The CTEP provides a one-of-a-kind platform for DoD and Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and Multinational (JIIM) partners to conduct training or Research, Development, Testing & Experimentation (RDT&E) in a wide variety of emerging technology areas, but primarily related to cyberspace and cyber-electromagnetic (CEMA) operations. This is a standing role, not an immediate hire, and will sit at Camp Atterbury in Indiana.
The Senior Network Engineer serves as a network technical expert concerning network system policy and planning including the development of policies, and short and long range planning; makes recommendations on proposed Network Systems Engineering based on knowledge of existing capabilities and analysis of alternatives; defines future focus by participating in the development of the various roadmaps and technology strategies to solve complex problems; and exercises continuing responsibility for assignments pertaining to the strategic goals, policy and planning requirements for the division.
- Managing the network of the Technology Division and leads efforts concerning planning, development, implementation, problem resolution, and administration.
- To support MUTC customer training exercises, the Sr. Network Engineer must communicate with outside training organizations and be capable of understanding and implementing their requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical degree or equivalent experience in Network Operations.
- TS/SCI clearance.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in the configuration and operation of cyber range or computer test-bed environments.
- Experienced in the configuration and management of physical and virtual network switches, routers and crypto devices.
- Experience providing enterprise network engineering and support for a campus area network type facility.
- Meet the Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 requirements of DoDD 8570.1M.
- experience working with wireless infrastructure supporting 802.11x, 4G, 3G, and 2G wireless technologies to support the MUTC Wireless Network.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and GSA vehicle license.
- Experience configuring and managing Joint Information Operations Range (JIOR) and Joint Training and Experimentation Network (JTEN) nodes is highly desirable.
- Expertise in the use of the Cypherpath virtualization platform is highly desired.
- Knowledgeable with all associated platform support and hardware of the Cybertropolis Technology Environment Platform (CTEP).
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
IDS’s competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being - 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future – 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave - Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development – networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email email@example.com and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.