Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aide-Home Health - IUH Hospice 120300
at Indiana University Health
IUH Hospice 120300
Active Full Time
M - F days, on call rotation
This position exists to provide personal care and related services for clients in the home when no family member can assume the responsibility. Job duties include simple treatments, providing personal care and ensuring that the clients' surroundings are clean and orderly. The incumbent has frequent contact with clients, home health staff, and families. The incumbent provides the health care team appropriate information regarding changes in client's condition, and family concerns.
- Requires certification as a nurse's aide plus months of experience in a hospital or nursing home; or completion of a Home Health Aide training program with months of experience.
- Requires Home Health Aide competency practicum and written exam and HHA certification with the Indiana State Department of Health.
- Requires knowledge of procedures for performing assigned tasks.
- Requires knowledge of how to operate equipment and use supplies.
- Requires ability to observe client and report changes to RN.
- Requires knowledge of principles of good personal hygiene and aseptic techniques.
- Requires ability to work independently in clients' homes.
- Requires map reading ability and access to reliable transportation in all weather and conditions.
- Requires the ability to maintain accurate charts and records.
- Requires ability to organize tasks.
- Requires good communication and public relations skills.
- Requires ability to remain alert and concentrate even when frequently interrupted.
- Requires ability to remain calm in emergency situations.