Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager - Care Management RH 110098
at Indiana University Health
Care Management RH 110098
Active Full Time
3-5 years experience with pediatrics is required
3-5 years experience is required
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Located at Riley's Children's Hospital, this role will focus on the planning and care of our patients from our patients from pre-admission through post-discharge by working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team. The Case Manager ensures that patients are assigned the appropriate level of care, receive the appropriate services and are transitioned to the appropriate post-discharge level of care. Our Case managers perform timely, accurate and effective discharge planning for all patients and works with third party payers to ensure coverage of ongoing services. This role may also administer education and prevention programs to the patients and their families.
- Requires knowledge of various software applications including Windows; Cerner; MCCM; and SMS.
- Requires strong clinical background in acute care.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required. New ASN RNs hired after January 1, 2013, will be required to complete their BSN within 5 years of hire date.
- Requires current state of Indiana license as a Registered Nurse.
- Certification in Case Management preferred.
- Knowledge of InterQual Acute Level of Care Criteria and Federal guidelines outlining coverage of inpatient and outpatient hospital services, including observation is preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, insurance and regulatory guidelines is preferred.
- Ability to comprehend third party contractual arrangements is preferred.
- Understanding of the third party denial and appeal process is preferred.
- 3-5 years of pediatric experience required.
Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine one of the nation's largest medical schools gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training advancing healthcare for all.
At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.