Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Indiana University Health
Active Full Time
1 - 2 years experience preferred
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Indiana University Health has exciting nursing opportunities in our University Hospital Day Surgery and PACU units. These units in our magnet-designated hospital specializes in pre and post care of all surgical and Endoscopy patients.
The Clinical Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of Indiana University Health, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. The registered professional clinical nurse (RN) is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of competent, evidence-based care, which includes assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The clinical nurse participates in decision-making, teaching, mentoring, and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to advance the patient plan of care, achieve outcomes and enhance operational efficiency. The nurse adheres to the ANA Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing and the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
- Requires an Associates of Nursing (ASN); Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Requires that the RN has graduated from a nationally accredited nursing program.
- Requires current state of Indiana license as Registered Nurse.
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA.
- Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.