Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director - Riley Quality - Riley Quality 106534
at Indiana University Health
Riley Quality 106534
Active Full Time
Contact: Morgan Pluckebaum
Indiana University Health is unlike any other healthcare system and we're looking for team members who share the things that matter most to us. People who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People motivated to do their best every day. People who are always ready to apply themselves. As one of Indiana's largest employers, our vision is to lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.
We are an organization that is driven by our values: purpose, excellence, compassion and team. These values guide our actions every day and describe how we will achieve our vision.
The position is responsible for administrative decision making, leadership, and strategic planning to ensure integration of quality and safety within the Riley Hospital for Children and affiliates. Works closely with Nursing leaders, Medical Staff leaders and the Infection Prevention Department to provide leadership for organization-wide efforts to continuously improve the safety, effectiveness, efficiency, patient-centeredness, equity, and timeliness of health care service to all patients. In conjunction with the Medical Director of Quality and Safety at Riley, this position provides oversight, data-synthesis, coordination, and direction to impact performance on key metrics of quality and safety and achieve or maintain programmatic excellence standards. Collaborates with the medical staff and other key professionals to design comprehensive programs to create a culture of safety, proactively identify risk, and reduce clinical variation to assure evidence-based care delivery and prevent patient harm. Facilitate organization-wide learning on the part of leaders, clinicians, trainees, and staff; and facilitate individual improvements required for the safest possible health care. Serves with the Medical Director or Quality and Safety at Riley as a key liaison to all healthcare services, nursing, clinical, and administrative departments, medical staff, and other quality improvement committees, as well as, collaborates with the Quality and Safety leadership for the system. Provides clinical and management support to the VP of Nursing and Patient Care Services and the Chief Medical Officer.
- DNP or PhD preferred.
- Requires current licensure in the State of Indiana; or eligibility for such licensure.
- Requires Master's degree in Nursing or other healthcare field.
- Requires progressive clinical and administrative experience .
- Requires demonstrated success in performance improvement and change management.
- Requires knowledge of state and national regulatory agency guidelines.
- Requires strong analytic skills with knowledge of statistical synthesis of data.
- Requires strong communication, negotiation, collaboration, and problem solving skills.
- Requires experience in building and leading interprofessional collaborative practice teams.
- Requires the ability to plan and manage utilization of resources.
- Requires ability to apply the organization personnel policies and procedures.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires ability to communicate sensitive issues with all levels of employees/management.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to take initiative and meet objectives.
- Certification or training in quality improvement methodologies preferred.