Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer-Imaging III - Bio Medical Engineering-MH 110145
at Indiana University Health
Bio Medical Engineering-MH 110145
Active Full Time
Associates Degree Required
5 + years experience is required
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of highly complex and intricate medical imaging equipment, independent of technical supervision. Serves as an advisor to medical and clinical staff in the specification, acquisition, safe use, and proper operation of specialty equipment and to other personnel on technical matters concerning specialty equipment. Ensures regulatory compliance, assists in inventory management, and contributes to department improvement and development by mentoring other associates. Provides and ensures maintenance, repair, and certification of radiological imaging equipment. Modifies, designs, and constructs interfaces, and reprograms software components. Installs and relocates equipment, identifies and recommends supply needs, coordinates the use of external repair/supply services, and serves as a technical resource person. Designs departmental maintenance procedures and perform equipment inspections to minimize equipment inspections to minimize equipment downtime.
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- May require valid Driver's License.
- Requires advanced knowledge of theories and practices of electronic engineering and radiologic imaging.
- Requires basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Requires 5-7 years of progressive experience with diagnostic imaging equipment and preventative maintenance and repair in a healthcare environment.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.