Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer-Laboratory II - Clinical Engineering - Lab 115149
at Indiana University Health
Clinical Engineering - Lab 115149
Active Full Time
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Supports patient diagnosing and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating, and repairing complex clinical laboratory equipment, training users, and maintaining safe operations on specialty equipment, under minimal supervision. Ensures regulatory compliance, assists in inventory management, and may serve as an advisor to other personnel on technical matters concerning specialty equipment. Communicates equipment status and inspection results to supervisors and laboratory directors and documents all work. Validates and inspects clinical equipment for completeness, mechanical and electrical safety, and proper operation. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history. Assists in preparing for lab specific accreditation inspections (CAP, CLIA, COLA).
- Associate's degree preferred or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- May require valid Driver's License.
- Requires basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Requires 3-5 years of progressive experience with clinical laboratory equipment and/or servicing clinical laboratory equipment in a healthcare environment.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.