Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director-Facilities and Clinical Engineering - Plant Operations - Mh 110135
at Indiana University Health
Plant Operations - Mh 110135
Active Full Time
Contact: Morgan Pluckebaum
Indiana University Health is unlike any other healthcare system and we're looking for team members who share the things that matter most to us. People who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People motivated to do their best every day. People who are always ready to apply themselves. As one of Indiana's largest employers, our vision is to lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.
We are an organization that is driven by our values: purpose, excellence, compassion and team. These values guide our actions every day and describe how we will achieve our vision.
Owns and provides leadership, strategic planning, and administrative direction necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the Adult Academic Health Center facilities and medical equipment, including building operation and maintenance, grounds keeping and Clinical Engineering (CE) services. Establishes and maintains policies and provides general direction for department programs and services, ensures appropriate use of personnel, material and financial resources, and is accountable for performance of assigned departments. Delivers the ability to create, maintain or exceed in meeting departmental financial budgets using activity based pricing and metrics. Fosters an inclusive diverse team-focused environment for both facilities and clinical engineering. Models effective change and facilitating facility and C.E. support services to Adult AHC care processes, integration of services with other AHC and IU Health entities. Leads and directs advancement of the organizations goals, mission and values and represents the Adult AHC on matters related to facility operations and clinical engineering.
- P.E. or A.I.A. license or similar professional credential preferred.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Construction, Bio Medical Engineering, or a related technical field. Advanced degree preferred (MBA, MHA, Masters in Management, Masters in a related technical field).
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) or similar credential required.
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare management required.
- Knowledge and experience leading Environment of Care process in hospital setting.
- 10+ years of experience with facility and equipment capital planning, strategic facilities planning and/or construction project phasing.
- Requires knowledge of applicable state, and national codes and regulatory agency requirements.
- Knowledge of lean principals and the ability to lead quality improvement initiatives.