Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NP Hospital/Specialty - Neurology 456721
at Indiana University Health
Active Full Time
Serves as an advanced practice nurse that provides care for assigned patients under the direction of a physician in an outpatient or inpatient facility. Follows established nursing standards, procedures and practices, and gives patient care directions to nursing and other staff. Evaluates outcomes of direct patient care and consults with other specialists as required. Adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care. Arranges for patients' ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services. Must have completed advanced education and training in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions and chronic illnesses.
- Requires certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Indiana.
- Advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires MSN as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Indiana; and current RN licensure in the State of Indiana.
- Requires clinical expertise as applicable to individual area.
- Knowledge of the service standards and regulatory standards governing care delivery and operations.
- Requires the ability to assess learning needs and plan educational programs.
- Board certification is required for this position. New advance practice registered nurse graduates will have 3 months from the time of graduation to obtain board certification.