Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RCS-Program Manager - RCS SPA TQM 110564
at Indiana University Health
RCS SPA TQM 110564
Active Full Time
The focus of the Program Manager role is to coordinate the efforts across multiple, related project initiatives. It is also the Program Manager's responsibility to clearly define effective and efficient project management practices to be utilized by the program team. The processes defined by the Program Manager are focused on integrating and managing program activity in an effort to achieve a defined set of program goals and objectives. The Program Manager optimizes processes regarding scope, time, cost, and quality to develop plans of action to achieve objectives. The Program Manager has the responsibility for overseeing other project managers and their projects to ensure success of the overall program. In addition to being a coach and mentor to these project managers, this position will ultimately lead the execution of standard processes/procedures to ensure the team delivers with preeminent quality and compliance in a timely manner. Program Manager is expected to deliver a program in alignment with stated customer objectives related to time, cost, scope and quality for all of the projects within the program. Expected to improve project success rates across an area or portfolio. In addition to projects being completed on-time, on-budget, within scope and with high quality, a positive project experience by the team and customers is also desired. The work of the Program Manager is a combination of strategic and tactical work for a defined program. It is strategic for the focus on the development of project management as a key capability across the organization. It is common for one or more project managers to be running individual projects within a program under the guidance of a Program Manager.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Masters Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred or equivalent experience. ,
- Requires knowledge of information technology standards and best practices (Quality Systems, Project Management, SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, etc..).
- Requires experience typically gained thru 10 years experience in information services with at least 5 of those in a healthcare provider segment market.
- Requires ability to communicate and work with Executive Management.
- Requires extensive experience with complex program and project management methodology.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively; both orally and in writing.
- Requires facilitation skills to successfully organize and motivate a team to accomplish project goals in a tight timeframe.
- Requires the ability to facilitate and lead work groups.
- Requires the ability to plan and manage the utilization of resources.
- Requires the ability to communicate sensitive issues with all levels of employees/management and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Requires decision-making experience to handle controversial issues.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires ability to promote teamwork and build effective relationships.
- Requires ability to take initiative and meet objectives.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requires knowledge of the organization policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to maintain confidential communication and use judgment and discretion.
- Requires and understanding of Information Management principles, architecture and technologies.