Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Indiana University Health
Under the supervision of the designated supervisor, tThis position exists to plan, direct, provide and assist in the evaluation of total patient care in the outpatient clinic in collaboration with providers. This position performs duties associated with direct patient care and quality improvement activities. Assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
- Requires current Indiana Registered Nurse license.
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Degree from from a nursing program accredited through the ACEN or CCNE.
- Knowledge of OSHA,CLIA, and ADA. TB validated.
Knowledge of procedures for performing the functions appropriate to the specific clinical area and familiarity with designated pieces of equipment and supplies.
- Requires awareness and understanding of legal implications of patient care activities and performance as a Registered Nurse.
- Sufficient knowledge to observe and assist in the assessment of patients, and to detect and report obvious and/or dangerous changes in the condition of patients.
- Basic working understanding of the concepts of infection control principles to prevent the spread of infection to patients, self and others.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to carry out duties in a professional manner, as well as the ability to work well under stress.
- Knowledge of principles of growth/development across the life span.
- Requires ability to cope with varying personalities of patients.
- Requires ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Requires ability to coordinate a number of functions for a group of patients in an effective timely manner.
- Requires ability to assess patients without face-to-face interaction.