Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Secretary-Unit - Emergency Department 441120
at Indiana University Health
Emergency Department 441120
Active Part Time
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Ensures accurate and complete information is received from patient to facilitate coordination and communication between physician, unit staff, and ancillary departments. Schedules daily tests and procedures, maintains comprehensive up-to-date record of all patient tests and procedures, and signs patients in and out of unit. Provides receptionist functions for the unit and alerts unit management to issues or needs within the unit regarding policies, procedures, or practices. Performs all clerical duties associated with supporting the Patient Care Unit.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Completion of Medical Assistant, Medical Secretary classes, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the AHA preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Must be able to complete required (if applicable) training program.
- Requires basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.