Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist-Case Management - Lifecare 109070
at Indiana University Health
Active Full Time
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
The Specialist assists the case management team and other related duties by working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to achieve desired clinical, service and cost outcomes. Interprets and abstracts clinical information from multiple sources including electronic medical records, electronic data bases, and for the knowledge of electronic data entry and submission of information to identified internal and external customers. Assists in the completion of elements involving pre/recertification and discharge planning such as copying records, researching benefits, arranging for assigned covered services and obtaining or completing appropriate forms and applications. Coordinates services for the patient between the hospital and community agencies, alternative level of care facilities, financial sources and government funded programs.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associate's Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience required.
- Requires the ability to comprehend third party contractual arrangements.
- Requires basic computer skills including the ability to enter progress notes and other data in multiple medical record systems. Basic familiarity with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Requires some knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Requires some knowledge of managed care and government healthcare benefits.