Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist-Registration - Rehab Services 441155
at Indiana University Health
Rehab Services 441155
Active Full Time
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Facilitates patient flow from point of entry to destination in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. Obtains specific information to generate an accurate financial and demographic record for patients that will ensure maximum reimbursement and clinical outcomes. Schedules appointments, interviews patients for appropriate medical information, explains charges and policies of the department/hospital, validates and enters charges into appropriate systems, and collects necessary payment. Answers incoming calls and directs patients and visitors appropriately.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the AHA preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Requires ability to learn and retain medical coding; ICD-10; CPT coding experience preferred.
- Requires ability to interpret insurance information; knowledge of clinical practices and medical terminology preferred.
- Requires basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.