Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TECHNICIAN-EMERGENCY - Riley Emergency Services Dept 106780
at Indiana University Health
Riley Emergency Services Dept 106780
Active Full Time
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Performs both special and routine patient care procedures and assists in the nursing care of the critically ill and stable patients in the Emergency Department. Works under the direction of the clinical nurse. Transports stable monitored and non-monitored patients. Takes and records patient's vital signs. Stocks and cleans patient care and supply areas. Assists in the operation of various equipment.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
Learn more about working at IU Health.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- EMT or PCA certification is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of routine patient care procedures.
- Requires familiarity with standard medical equipment and supplies.
- Requires basic understanding of infection control.
- Requires Knowledge of EMTALA , Some experience in patient care within a hospital setting is preferred.