Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician-Maintenance - Plant Operations - Mh 110135
at Indiana University Health
Plant Operations - Mh 110135
Active Full Time
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Performs scheduled and non-scheduled preventive maintenance, responding to dispatched general maintenance calls, and troubleshooting/repairing secondary utility systems of buildings, plumbing, air-conditioning, electrical and air systems. Maintains, repairs and inspects specialized machinery and equipment in accordance with code and regulatory requirements. Recommends through the appropriate channels any improvements and corrections to the facilities equipment and/or systems that meet overall patient care needs. Coordinates functions with other services and departments. Performs routine building and grounds inspections. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- May require a valid Indiana driver?s license with proof of insurance.
- Requires general knowledge of specialized areas including electrical secondary systems, plumbing systems, fire system devices and air systems.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret information from blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
- Requires general knowledge in the use of power and hand tools.
- Requires basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes related to healthcare preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we're home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.