Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TECHNOLOGIST-INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY - Cath Lab 380211
at Indiana University Health
Cath Lab 380211
Active Full Time
Indiana University Health brought together three of the most prominent hospitals in central
Our reputation is built on our people. We are constantly searching for outstanding people, in every aspect of healthcare, to join our IU Health Saxony Hospital team and build upon the IU Health tradition of care. We recruit people with the potential, enthusiasm and desire to make a difference in the lives of others – often during times of great need. If you are ambitious and committed to your career, then there's a great chance that IU Health is a place where you can begin a rewarding career.
The Technologist – IR performs diagnostic and therapeutic radiographic interventional procedures for radiological diagnosis, in a timely fashion, while demonstrating the appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to work with patients from pediatric through geriatric. Follows physician's instructions, prepares and operates equipment and positions patients correctly in order to record the requested diagnostic images. Treats patients with care and respect. May be required to scrub into procedures (as needed). The ideal candidate will have a specialized Cath Lab procedure experience in Electrophysiology.
- Experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
- Basic Life Support certification required.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT).
- Requires knowledge of sterile technique and supplies used during special exams.
- Requires ability to maneuver equipment and improvise positions when the condition of the patient does not permit routine positioning.
- License from Indiana State Department of Health