Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technologist-Mammography - Women's Diagnostic Center 441055
at Indiana University Health
Women's Diagnostic Center 441055
Active Full Time
Indiana University Health brought together three of the most prominent hospitals in central Indiana, and used the deep heritage of these hospitals as the foundation for a closely-knit network of care that extends throughout the state. In almost every corner of our state, you will find IU Health facilities that are unique to their communities, but unified with the IU Health system to provide the highest level of care to as many people in the community as possible.
Our reputation is built on our people. We are constantly searching for outstanding people, in every aspect of healthcare, to join our IU Health North Hospital, located in Carmel, In. team and build upon the IU Health tradition of care. We recruit people with the potential, enthusiasm and desire to make a difference in the lives of others – often during times of great need. If you are ambitious and committed to your career, then there's a great chance that IU Health is a place where you can begin a rewarding career
The Technologist – Mammography performs quality diagnostic and screening mammographic studies utilizing a knowledge of anatomic positions, equipment maneuverability, and technical factors to determine and produce the projection or position that demonstrates each patient's unique problem, in a timely fashion, while demonstrating the appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to ensure the patient's well-being throughout the examination. Follows physician's instructions, prepares and operates equipment and positions patients correctly in order to record the requested diagnostic images. Treats patients with care and respect.
- Meets MQSA requirements, preferred.
- Advanced registration in mammography within 12 months of hire, required.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT).
- License from Indiana State Board of Health.
- Requires ability to maneuver equipment and improvise positions when the condition of the patient does not permit routine positioning.
- Basic Life Support certification required.
- Requires ability to learn breast ultrasound procedures, when appropriate.
- License from Indiana State Department of Health.