Indiana University Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Therapist-Respiratory Registered - Respiratory Therapy 600051
at Indiana University Health
Respiratory Therapy 600051
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We're looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Our reputation is built on our people. We are constantly searching for outstanding people, in every aspect of healthcare, to join our Ball Memorial Health team and build upon the IU Health tradition of care. We recruit people with the potential, enthusiasm and desire to make a difference in the lives of others – often during times of great need. If you are ambitious and committed to your career, then there's a great chance that IU Health is a place where you can begin a rewarding career.
We are seeking a Therapist – Respiratory Registered at our Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, IN. Responsible and accountable for the administration of comprehensive respiratory care to patients. Appropriately document the therapy provided and advise medical staff on appropriate types of therapeutic modalities.
- Requires current license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner from the state of Indiana.
- Requires graduation from a CoARC (Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) and regionally accredited respiratory care program.
- Requires that the N.B.R.C. (National Board for Respiratory Care) registry exam be passed within 13 months of hire date.
- Preferred ACLS; PALS; and/or NRP certification.
- The 13 month requirement for the RRT is void if hire date is one year past graduation date.
- Requires Healthcare Provider Certification. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to deal with confidential patient information.
- Requires basic computer skills and ability to work with EMR.
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
· A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation's largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
· At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
· With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
· IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states.