Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
The Evansville Northbrook site is seeking a Lab Supervisor to join the team. In this role, the incumbent will provide technical, operational, and analytical support to the Quality Control lab, production units, and business teams for driving improvements to product quality processes and to the QC laboratory. The focus of the position is to ensure the laboratory provides accurate, reliable, and timely data and support to internal and external customers.Roles & Responsibilities
• Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers, and for promoting a safe work environment.
• Supervise 8-10+ employees who cover all shifts of the lab.
• Ensure QC Calibration Program is properly maintained by Lead Technicians.
• Collect and submit samples for outside (contract or customer) testing.
• Ensure compliance to ASTM, ISO, and / or customer mandated protocols, when applicable.
• Statistically analyze, enforce, and propose modifications to the Quality Test Procedures, when applicable.
• Perform all tasks in a safe manner and practice good housekeeping.
• Ensure acquisition of customer and retain samples.
• Timely generation of Certificates of Analysis, when required.
• Ensure the accuracy of work instructions, laboratory standards, calculations, and reporting generated by Laboratory Technicians.
• Ensure the analysis of Raw Material testing and proper record keeping.
• Maintain an inventory of consumable supplies.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as requested by Site Manager and Campus Quality Manager
• Maintain the MSDS files for Raw Materials.
- College-transfer courses in algebra and chemistry or 16 hours college credit in chemistry is preferred. Relevant college-vocational, technical school, industrial or military training acceptable in lieu of college-transfer courses.
- Minimum of five years as a Laboratory Technician, or relevant Industrial / Academic experience preferred.
- Experience in statistical process control desired.
- Training in testing chemical and physical properties of polymers and / or their additives preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Evansville
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.