Nautic Global Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hurricane Boats- Associate Buyer
at Nautic Global Group
The primary responsibility for this position will be to assist the materials and buyer team in the daily operations. The Junior Buyer/Planner is charged with assisting in procurement functions directly associated with the plants needs for materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost, quality, and delivery at competitive levels consistent with Godfrey Marine's purchasing policy and quality standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning, scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned consistent with materials requirements as directed by buyer/supervisor. A self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills is necessary for this role. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
Essential Job Functions
* Assist Buyer with purchase and schedule production materials, for manufacturing facility
* Initiates purchase orders to suppliers
* Determines delivery schedule based off manufacturing requirements.
* Act as point of contact for daily issues and report shortages to management.
* Reports and responds as appropriate for quality matters and engineering changes/developments between Godfrey Marine and suppliers.
* Supports receiving team and accounting in reconciliation of receipts.
* Assist in the planning of recent schedules within inventory control parameters for the assigned materials
* Work to reduce direct inventory
* Support materials team with physical inventories as assigned.
* Work in conjunction with cross functional teams (i.e. Engineering, Materials, Quality, Finance, etc.)
Non-Essential Job Functions
* Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in high stress situations
* Maintain a detail oriented work space and possess multi-tasking abilities
* Two to three years materials experience.
* This position requires 1 year of experience with buyer/planning activities
* Experience and familiarity with inventory control, receiving, and warehouse processes
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Strong analytical, negotiation & problem-solving skills
* Must be familiar with procurement tools.
* Good familiarity with personal computing software (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
* Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
* Safety Glasses
* Ear protection