Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tooling Design Engineer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18002341
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking an Tooling Design Engineer for our PG Technologies business in Indianapolis.
The Tooling Design Engineer is responsible for the design, drawings, development and documentation of new or updated designs of tooling and fixtures for use within PG Technologies global network of plants. The engineer may also need to conduuct modeling to determine the impact of the tool design in the coating processes. The projects assigned to this candidate will range in complexity from a simple mask to a complex machine or system.
Tooling Design Engineer
- Must be able to interface with other technicians and engineers as it relates to the required control systems, sensors, measurement or process equipment that will need to be integrated with the mechanical design.
- Candidate must be cable of accurately reading and interpreting customer prints (many prints are export controlled and require candidate to be a US Citizen / US Permanent Resident) and creating clear and detailed detail or reference drawings.
- Candidate will possess the ability to conceive innovative solutions, transform concepts into functional automated designs and follow the design through construction.
- Engineer will work within a multidisciplinary project team.
- Must be able to work within the quality system to ensure that the quality requirements for coating equipment is maintained and updated as a result of the new or modified design.
- The candidate should also be capable of the evaluation of appropriate components, vendor(s) and/or technology for global standardization.
- Review Operator safety in all aspects of tool design is a requirement and regular reviews of new / modified equipment design.
- Must be safety oriented and quality focused
- A degree Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology is preferred, but other technical degrees or considerable proven experience in a similar role will be considered.
- 2-5 years of experience in a position which demonstrated the ability to understand, design and document Tooling designs
- Proficiency and direct (hands-on) 2 year experience with 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred) and MS Office software.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally.