Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Solutions Architect - Network in Carmel, IN at Presidio, Inc.
at Presidio, inc.
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
We are looking to add a Solutions Architect to our team in Carmel, IN. As a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team, you will be responsible for meeting with Presidio’s customers, collecting requirements for business solutions related to network and security projects, and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Networking Solutions Architect (SA) should be able to present and explain various network infrastructure technologies (LAN/WAN, Data Center Switching, Security, SD-WAN) to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and understanding of enterprise class solutions from partners such as Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, VMware and other network infrastructure manufacturers. Successful candidates will have a solid grasp of network design principles based on industry best practices.
- Develop high-level technical solutions and present to customers (Hardware, Software, Licensing, Professional Services)
- Collect business and technical requirements
- Complete end-to-end, full lifecycle network designs
- Drive whiteboard conversations
- Craft customer facing presentations
- Delivering technical presentations and product demonstrations
- Generate hardware configurations (BoM)
- Write statements of work (SoW) and develop Professional Service pricing utilizing Presidio tools.
- Ability to self-pace and self-set direction in a team environment to drive business
- Work with Account Executive/Extended Sales Teams to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process
- Maintain and develop technical and technology specific skill sets and certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 5+ years of experience, which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in enterprise class network and security solutions.
- One or more of the following certifications: CCNA/CCDA/CCNP and other non-Cisco certifications are highly preferred.
- Experience with office productivity software and diagramming software such as Lucidchart is helpful
- Experience in a Value Added Reseller (VAR) environment also preferred
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following is highly preferred:
- Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco, Juniper, HP)
- Firewalls/VPNs (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, etc.)
- Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (Cisco, F5, Netscaler)
- Network Access Control, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation design, configuration, and deployment in a lab environment
- IDS/IPS solutions (Cisco, Tipping Point, etc. are optional)
- Authentication solutions including Cisco ACS and RSA
- SDN solutions such as Cisco ACI and VMware NSX
- SDWAN solutions such as Cisco Viptela, Citrix Netscaler, Meraki, etc…
- Cisco Wireless (preferred)
- Palo Alto NGFW (preferred)
A successful Solutions Architect will be able to demonstrate technical and design expertise based on past/present experience in deployment, administration, configuration, or integration. Experience working as a consultant or network architect is desirable.
- Cisco and standards based network design principals
- IP Routing, Router & Switch sizing
- Advanced Network Design & Architecture
- Branch Site Design
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.