Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior QA Tools Developer
at Rockstar Games
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented C# Programmer who possesses a passion for developing innovative automation solutions that enhance creative workflows. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We plan, design and build services and tools that support our worldwide QA staff and our internal business needs.
- We maintain a variety of existing tools and systems to ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations.
- We work closely and cohesively with QA teams and development departments as required.
- Analyse existing QA Tools to gain understanding of required improvements.
- Work with Senior QA Staff to plan new and improved QA Tools.
- Develop and release new QA Tools to an agreed timeline.
- Maintain Tools and release updates as required.
- Proactively suggest automation solutions for existing work.
- Maintain awareness of relevant technologies and modern best practice, as well as drive their adoption within the toolset.
- Balance meeting short-term user needs with long-term development of the QA tool suite; identify opportunities to automate user workflows.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong .NET/C# and WPF skills.
- Strong SQL / relational database skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a mixed-discipline team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
PLUSESPlease note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- HTML5, CSS3.
- ASP.NET Core (Web API).
HOW TO APPLYPlease apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar North recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.