Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Tools Programmer
at Rockstar Games
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented Junior Tools Programmers who possess a passion for building efficient tools, to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects. This is a full time permanent position based out of Rockstars’ unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
This position will be best suited for recent graduates or those with a year’s relevant work experience, keen to make an impact and learn from an established team.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- As a junior, you will work within the Tools team on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, initially focusing on smaller bug fixes and features with larger and more complicated fixes and features being picked up as your confidence and skills improve.
- Collaborate with artists, programmers and designers, collating requirements and developing solutions to the technical challenges faced when building hugely complex and ambitious video games.
- Work across a variety of domains in an established codebase, such as our asset exporters and pipeline, automated systems and standalone user-interfaces.
- Work within a schedule to deliver features and fixes effectively to deadlines.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Programming skills (e.g. C++ or C#).
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of 3D mathematics (e.g. linear algebra, trigonometry and matrices).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
PLUSESPlease note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passion for creating tools and working closely with your user base.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.