Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Material Artist
at Rockstar Games
Rockstar Games would like to hear from the industry’s most talented and passionate Material Artists!
We are looking to grow a new team to help us develop our exciting projects. Strong texturing skills in both Photoshop and Substance is not enough. Candidates must also be able to create beautiful surfaces that can tell the story of an object through its material wear and tear.
This position will have a large impact on multiple departments and drastically affect the look and feel of the game.
We prize an ability to demonstrate individual design skills; including concept and creation of assets that are both original and yet still keep a look and feel of their specific real-world references.
- Ability to keep material library consistent and shared among departments and projects.
- Ability to act as a conduit between departments. Combining issues and reporting them as necessary.
- Participate in R&D to maintain and develop tools for material and texture generation.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Work on and develop complex materials/shaders.
- Help integrate external packages into our workflow for different teams consistently.
- High proficiency in Substance and Photoshop with a keen eye for detail.
- High experience level and knowledge of modern realtime lighting and shading techniques.
- Knowledge of PBR tools and equivalent pipeline.
- Background or interest in offline rendering techniques that will help inform the future of our material technology.
- Experience/knowledge of photogrammetry/material scanning.
- Highly technical, ability to integrate new external tools and develop internal tools.
- Good communication skills.
HOW TO APPLYPlease apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar North recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.