Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environment Artist (All Levels)
at Rockstar North
We’d like to hear from the industry’s most talented environment artists!
Join our team to create next-generation worlds for some exciting upcoming projects! Strong modelling and texturing skills are not enough. Candidates must be able to create immersive, living, and fully-realized environments.
As an Environment Artist working at Rockstar North, you will be responsible for creating exciting and believable artwork, creating and texturing environment assets for the biggest and best open world environments in the industry. You will have previous experience of working on a large games production and be mindful of memory restrictions and design requirements.
We prize an ability to demonstrate individual design skills; including concept and creation of assets that are both original and yet still keep a look and feel of their specific real-world references.
- Model, texture and create collision in 3D for game environments.
- Work closely with Programmers and other departments to ensure art assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- 2 to 6+ years of experience as a 3D artist within the gaming or similar industry.
- Preferably worked on at least one released title.
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques.
- Superior 3D art skills.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Demonstrable experience with 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
HOW TO APPLYPlease apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar North recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.