Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Automation Tools Programmer
at Rockstar North
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Tools Programmer who possess a passion for working on CI/CD and automation systems. This is a full time permanent position based out of Rockstars’ unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Our automation roles are focused on developing and maintaining our CI/CD systems for generating and processing assets, building code and testing the game.
- Collaborate with tool and game team programmers to develop and refine our automation framework.
- Design and implement automation systems and hardware architectures for high performance content production.
- Communicate with other departments to make the best use of our systems and improve the existing tool set.
- Maintain our systems aimed at performance, stability and error-free operation.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Programming skills (e.g. C++ or C#).
- Experience implementing and maintaining CI/CD and automation systems in a production environment.
- Experience with technologies such as ASP.Net and/or WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) or equivalent.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
PLUSESPlease note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Familiarity with supporting tools such as Container, Docker, AWS, Azure or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with configuration management tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Passion for creating tools and working closely with your user base.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
HOW TO APPLYPlease apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.