Rockwell Automation, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rockwell Automation, inc.
Architecture and Software
No. of Positions
Software and Engineering
At Rockwell Automation, we take pride in developing products which provide value to our customers and which are based on excellent engineering design and development. As a (Senior) Project Engineer, you will work with the Advanced Technology team to develop novel product concepts, prototypes, and products based on leading-edge technology. This position requires broad knowledge in at least some of the areas of electronic design, embedded systems, data analysis, algorithm development, and electro-optics, together with excellent communication skills.
This role could suit individuals with a background in either electronic engineering or with a physics/optics scientific background. The successful candidate can expect to become part of a highly technical team working on complex, challenging, and high-impact projects at a world leader in industrial automation products, offering the opportunity to develop without limitation within the organization.
- Work within the Advanced Technology Team to assist in the development of novel industrial sensing and safety products.
- Undertake responsibility for the design, execution, and reporting of laboratory based electro-optical test and characterization tasks.
- Provide input and expertise on electro-optic topics such as photon budgets, noise, and source-detector design.
- Complete the design and analysis of embedded algorithms suitable for high-bandwidth operation.
- Thrives in working within a high-competence technology development group with differing areas of expertise.
- Ability to utilize appropriate judgment and discretion as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organize work and effectively complete key tasks in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Electronic Engineering / Physics or similar.
- 5 years of professional experience.
- Competent understanding electro-optics or electronic engineering.
- Capability in one or more scripting languages, Python, Perl etc.
- Capability with general purpose programming languages, C/C++ preferred.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D in an Engineering / Scientific discipline.
- Experience in digital signal processing and/or algorithm design.
- High-competence in either of electro-optics or electronic design.
- High-competence in data analysis, simulation, R, Python (numpy) preferred.
- Experience in working with lasers and laser devices.
- Experience in use of revision control systems.
- Expertise or experience in any of statistical methods, distributions, hypothesis testing, regression, machine learning.
- Development of products or components to meet international standards.
- Image processing and/or experience with imaging systems and sensors.
Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation.