SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Account Executive - Health and Life Sciences
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Category
- Hiring Manager
- Kim Covington
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tier 3
- Meg Bernstien
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Health & Life Sciences division as an Sr. Account Executive. In this role, you will call on a combination of the top ten pharmaceutical accounts in the industry. We are considering candidates with software sales experience selling to the Health & Life Sciences space, an Industry Consultant background and key contacts within large Pharmaceutical accounts. The successful candidate will be responsible for sales of SAS solutions and services across their customer's enterprise within in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. This person is responsible for successfully aligning internal resources and partners to sell and support SAS Solutions with a focus on growing overall revenue while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Primary responsibilities for this role:
- Position and leverage sales opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Understand complex business needs of assigned account(s) and qualify types and levels of opportunities in or out accordingly.
- Implement aspects of strategic account management and development.
- Work closely with SAS management and executive teams.
- Create, negotiate and finalize contracts with cross-functional teams.
- Manage customer satisfaction levels and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
- Develop a working understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of experience selling enterprise class software solutions.
- Proven track record of exceeding quota targets in software sales.
- Experience selling software solutions to multiple divisions within large Pharmaceutical accounts.
- Ability to be at customer site(s) 2-3 out of 5 days of the week building rapport and working directly with customer to solve complex business problems.
- Proven track record of delivering multi-year, complex solutions that positively impact customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, MIS or related field.
- Ability to Travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion.
- Location Preference: NJ, Indianapolis, Philadelphia and Northern California.
- Knowledge and fluency of strategic sales techniques to evaluate territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical industry technology, terminology, concepts and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to initiate, lead and/or delegate projects.
- Ability to relate technical and business needs of customer to SAS solutions.
- Ability to generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationship with key customers.
- Thorough understanding of how to position advanced analytics software solutions in order to solve business problems facing Life Sciences accounts.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.