Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Over the Road Driver
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- Supply Chain
- FLSA Status
- 1st Shift
The Over the road drivers are dispatched to customer locations, company distribution centers and plants. Drivers will be assigned a 2014 Kenworth T800 or 2016 Freightliner Evolution, 53’ Reefer Tractor. Safe driving, customer service and effective decision making is the key to success in this position.
- Initial target is 2200-2300 miles per week with a goal to increase
- No touch freight and no backhauling
- There is a $30 pay per stop after the first stop
- Paid detention rate
- Monday- Friday work schedule
- Anticipated home time is a minimum of two days off per week
- Full serviced leased equipment
- We offer competitive comprehensive benefits, paid vacation and holidays
- Eligible candidates must have a High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Must be At least 24 years of age
- Have their Class A CDL license
- Have a minimum of 2 years CDL Class A driving experience
- No traffic citations within the last year
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.