Sur La Table
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Representative
at Sur La Table
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to an environment where employees are informed, curious, and happy to show off a great product by maintaining product knowledge, accessing available resources and seeking out additional information when necessary
- Deliver HERO Selling behaviors. Provide a warm, friendly environment
- Proactively engage customers, ask questions, listen, interact, and recommend products that meet customer needs
- Understand and promote services including, but not limited to, gift registry and cooking classes (as appropriate)
- Understand and share product assortment and differentiating qualities of similar products in all categories
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, and Customer Service Management team
- Initiates training and uses available resources to enhance product knowledge
- Accurately and efficiently process a variety of transactions
- Research and respond to customer service issues with efficiency and accuracy.
- Record time worked, accurately and according to SLT policy
- Consistently follows all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees, customers, and vendors
- Ability to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime and weekends as business dictates
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years customer service experience preferred
- Proficient computer ability
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.